Kyocera business apps are powered by HyPASTM (Hybrid Platform for Advanced Solutions), a Kyocera-developed software platform that expands your MFP’s core capabilities with simple touch-screen operations that address your unique workflow needs. Leveraging this technology, paper documents are cost-effectively routed into an efficient digital workflow, helping you control costs, secure processes and gain the competitive edge.
From the MFPs intuitive display, a user can, for example, scan patient records, courtroom transcripts or mortgage applications to a network folder, providing immediate access to mission-critical files. To increase accountability, a user can be required to swipe a valid ID card to authenticate before accessing Scan-to functions. Controls can also restrict device functions, such as color printing, further driving down the cost of doing business. Kyocera HyPASTM technology is what makes this, and much more, possible.
All Kyocera HyPASTM business apps development is in direct response to the needs expressed by businesses like yours, those seeking process improvements that increase efficiency and reduce operational costs. With trained, certified dealers you can rely on, a professional partnership is formed, one that supports best practices in technology customization and successful solution integration.
HyPAS™ Business Benefits
HyPASTM business apps are collaboratively-designed solutions that maximize a business’ investment in technology and infrastructure, with far-reaching benefits…
- Aligns MFP technology with business goals to meet most urgent needs, ensuring fast return on investment (ROI).
- Safeguards intellectual property and helps meet rigorous compliance mandates, such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Low implementation costs; HyPAS business apps typically do not require purchase of server hardware and software.
- Leverages existing IT infrastructure, business apps and databases.
- Scalability; MFP adapts to changing workflow and network environments.
- Helps maintain control over document, device and network integrity and security.
- Improves visibility into usage and trends, for better management of workflow across an enterprise.
- Offers superior usability, with simple one-touch scanning operations; intuitive icons, buttons and form-fields speed job completion.
- Enhances overall workgroup productivity and efficiency; engages the user through a familiar control panel.
- Facilitates information sharing and collaboration, locally and globally.
Kyocera’s HyPASTM platform is unique in that it offers both Java™-based and Web Services-based Software Development Kits (SDKs). This “hybrid” approach provides a more open and flexible developer environment, one that enables advanced integration with systems that are already implemented in your enterprise.
Java™-enabled Business Apps
Java™ is a programming language commonly used for mobile applications, such as cell-phones, and also supports embed apps within the document imaging device itself. By embedding Java™ apps within Kyocera MFPs, the device’s existing functionality can be extended with more advanced, feature-rich, server-less capabilities, delivering seamless integration and superior system control. Using Java™ programming language, the Kyocera MFP can communicate with custom or proprietary business apps, as well as Web Services-enabled apps.
Web Services-enabled Business Apps
By adopting industry-standard protocols, such as SOAP/XML, HyPASTM Web Services offers programmers a developer-friendly environment. Web Services business apps provide system integrators with flexibility and interoperability because they can be implemented on a wide range of platforms, using almost any programming language. In addition, using Web Services SDKs, Kyocera MFPs can communicate with other advanced hardware devices which are Web Services-enabled devices, such as Apple’s iPhone or iPod touch.